Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crazy missed him!


Up until the the week before Halloween Cody and I had only ever spent a total of five days away from each other. I thought that I could handle at least one whole week away from him but oh my gosh I was SO wrong!

I was missing my sisters and really wanted to see them, and mom too but she was in Idaho, and Cody really wanted to be in St. George for Halloween. I didn't think that the little time we had Halloween weekend would be worth the three and a half hour drive and the hassle of dragging Emma all around causing her to be sleep deprived and fussy, so we struck a deal. Cody would drop me off on the 25th and would come back to get me on the 30th. 

I really enjoyed my time in St. George but I never realized how much I rely on Cody. We were texting and calling each other a lot but we were hardly ever available at the same time during the day which left us Skyping or talking on the phone at like one in the morning and it was ALWAYS hard to say goodnight. I never wanted to hang up the phone or turn off the computer!  The week was so exhausting without him!

I always used to make fun of women who would talk like this and now I am one of them! Oh well. I love my Husband and I'm not ashamed that I actually LIKE spending time with him. I don't care if people think that it makes me look like a sissy. I am who I am, and I am happiest when he is with me.

It was great getting to see our families interact with Emma. Aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents, it was all just so wonderful. I especially loved seeing little Cove and Emma together. Cove was cute, he would try to get to Emma no matter where she was and as soon as he thought he was close enough would grab for her.  We had  to watch him very close! It was fun though because they would smile at each other and get all excited. So cute!

Halloween was awesome.  My nieces and nephews are so old now! It really made this year fun. They were all excited about their costumes and had all these plans about what they wanted to do and places they wanted to go. It was great getting to watch them be all excited.
We dressed Emma as a Troll Doll. I wanted her hair to be purple but I couldn't find the hair stuff I wanted to use in it but we still styled it. Cori and Sheena did her hair.
I love all of her chubs! I think it helps sell the whole troll bit. You can't really tell in this picture but she has a jewel over her belly button and one on each ear. AND her whole tummy is covered in spit! She kept trying to eat the ribbon.

She really liked touching the pumpkin so she didn't want to look up at us. When we moved the pumpkin up a stair she suddenly remembered how much she loved her tutu and she still wouldn't look up!
Cove trying to get Emma

Little Cove as an elephant. So cute!

3 comments:

  1. i can't believe how long her hair is! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a cute little chubby belly like my Brecken. She still has her cute long hair too.

    ReplyDelete