Thursday, March 15, 2012

The move

June  brought some new and exciting changes for our little family.

 We moved out of our tiny, spider infested apartment into a MUCH bigger and brighter beetle and earwig infested apartment. It was an absolute steal ! 725 internet and utilities included it had a laundry room and a huge pantry and in all honesty, and in spite of the bugs, we  were in love with our new home .

At this house I learned lots of things like ...
- ALWAYS check the floor for bugs before putting my 11 month old on the ground. I found way too many beetles in the child's mouth.
- Mosquitoes hate ME!! and I hate them. See picture..
Yes, this is my leg and yes that is a Mosquitoes bite. I also had one on my arm that seriously looked like I had a large egg under my skin  they were very hot and very painful . Needless to say, I REALLY HATE Mosquitoes.
- When you ask your landlord if they have had regular pest control to spray for bugs and he says they take care of it themselves , just know there will be some serious bug problems and plan pay to have the place sprayed by an ACTUAL "bug guy".

-When You are looking at a place to rent and the Landlord says " There were some zoning issues that a couple of the neighbors were complaining about but that's all settled now."

DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!
We actually ended up having to move after only being there for two and a half months of living there. I had seriously JUST hung the last curtain the day before the cops knocked on the door to give us a heads up that our Landlord had been turned in for illegally renting his home out .
We felt horrible ! One minute we were sitting on the couch laughing and talking about what to do with Cody's day off and the next  we were scrambling trying to figure out how we were possibly going to find a home AND move within TWO WEEKS!  This took place at the start of fall semester so Cody was SUPER busy with work and school stuff and so I did all of the packing and most of the moving our boxed stuff. I felt really bad for Cody . He would come home from being on his feet all day and then jump right in and do what he could to help. At one point he was even going on his lunch breaks to load up the car and run to our new apt. Oh , did I mention that we moved almost ALL of our boxed things in our two door Honda Civic. Not all at once of course, there were what felt like a hundred trips to get everything moved.
  The funniest part about all of this is that my mom had a training meeting in Salt Lake City and so on her way to SLC she stopped to see our new place and have some dinner . Yeah that was Sunday and by the time she came back through on Friday we had moved :)
 The Lord really did bless us . There is no way without his help we would have found a home so quickly . We truly have felt his love and concern for us and feel so grateful for our many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment