Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Funnest Present EVER!

For Christmas Cody gave me a Snowboarding trip! We decided that we would go January 21st to Brianhead instead of going somewhere a little closer to home so that we could borrow all of the gear we needed and so we had someone to watch Emma for us.

We started the day by dropping Emma off at my sister Natalie's house.  It was a weird feeling leaving her knowing that we wouldn't be seeing her ALL day and going so far from her but it was also a much needed break. Nati ended up taking her over to Cori's and hanging out with the "Sisterhood". Cody and I had pretty much expected this so when we returned later that day to pick her up and found her bathed, cradle cap scrubbed and in clothes that we did not recognize, we were not at all surprised. This is just how our sisterhood works... which is really nice because I had neglected my poor daughters head and was having a hard time getting rid of the blasted cradle cap but they did the work for me! AWESOME!!! Can't imagine not having all my sisters!


Anyway back to the trip. We got a good deal on our lift tickets because half of the lifts were closed which we were not bummed about at all since we didn't want to use any of those slopes anyway.

Cody had been planning this for awhile and was looking forward to hitting the slopes after such a long time .I was really excited to go too but I would be snowboarding for the first time and was also feeling really scared and when I am scared I can be a little mean.... ok a lot mean. Lucky for me I have an amazing husband who knows me very well and was not surprised by my reaction or even really phased by it. Mostly he just chuckled or smiled at me while I grumbled under my breath or was chewing him out for something that he didn't even do and this was before I had even successfully stood up on my board! 
 
Once we got to the top of the bunny hill and I had learned a better way to stand up strapped to a board I calmed down a bit and by the time I got the bottom of the bunny hill ( it took a LONG time) I was having a lot of fun!  I will say though that snowboarding is PAINFUL!!!! I fell..... A LOT!  Even Cody fell some but we also laughed a lot and made some really good memories.


This is how I ended up snowboarding most of the day. My legs were to tired to stand all the way and control the board so I stayed down like this so I could better control the board direction with my hands. I know... I am such a nerd!!! but you know what? I couldn't have cared LESS!!! I was having SO much fun!

I thought we were being silly...

Cody waiting for me on one of my many breaks


Yet another break! Haha

Yep! This is how the day ended... me walking! I took another BIG fall and thought "We have been here for almost five hours I'm ready to go home".   SO much faster to walk! Yes I know that sounds backwards but when You are having to take a break every 30 or so feet it takes a long time to get down the hill.Cody was already at the bottom. The poor mans feet started to really hurt form wearing small boots so I told him to go on without me.

And here I thought we were being normal! We couldn't quite get it right.





4 comments:

  1. Aren't sisters great! Snowboarding... not so great. Ever since I lost my board I have never gone again. Looks like you two had a great day just spending time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I've never been snowboarding. It looks fun, but like you said painful lol. :) I bet that was a nice getaway for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I didn't know you took pictures of the trip. Poor Cody so excited to go snow boarding and only gets to go down 2 times. LOL, I love it. I like how much fun you guys have together. You should be very glad that you were not there when we scrubbed Emma's hair head. She was not happy but we knew it needed to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Don't worry, once you get the hang of it, snowboarding doesn't hurt nearly as bad the next time. You did far better than I did the first time I went! Ahh, craddle cap, we're still battling that one over here - I too have been neglectful. Emma has so much hair too, I bet it's even harder to take care of with her.

    ReplyDelete